“Safety and security don’t just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public awareness.” Nelson Mandela
COVID-19 has disturbed one whole academic session i.e. 2020-21. Gradually the things are coming in order as the students are rejoining the schools under the instructions of Ministry of Education.The schools have already opened for Classes X and XII and Classes IX and XI will also start from tomorrow i.e. 5 February as per order of DOE. It is very important to do the counselling of the students as well as parents for building a trust factor so that the students feel safe to be back to school. On Wednesday, 4 February 2021, Maxfort School, Rohini organized a webinar for the parents and the students on the pivotal topic, “How Safe is School after COVID”. The Resource Person was the renowned medical practitioner, Padma Shri, Dr. K.K. Aggarwal. Respected Principal ma’am, Dr. Ratna Chakravarty in her worthy message showed her gratitude to Dr. K.K. Aggarwal for taking out time from his busy schedule and enlightening the parents and students.Honourable ma’am also reflected on the spirit of hard work and positivity that Dr. K. K. Aggarwal imbibes in all his webinars and counselling sessions.
The honourable speaker interacted with the students in the most affectionate manner at the same time reminiscingthe parents about the following key points:
- The origin of COVID and how it has affected schooling throughout the globe.
- Learning requires one to one interaction, online classes have very less scope of interaction between the learner and the facilitator. It is certainly important to bring the students to the offline school premises for a smooth teaching-learning process.
- The worthy gathering was enlightened that the school is a completely safe place wherein proper safety measures are taken for maintaining the safety of the students.
- The students should follow all the precautionary measures required for personal safety and hygiene. We all need to set examples for each other by following social distancing, frequently washing hands and wear the mask properly.
- The most important thing is showing trust in each other, the school and the parents for the common goal of the benefit of the students.
t the end honourable Principal ma’am once again acknowledged the praiseworthy efforts of Dr. K.K. Aggarwal for inspiring everyone and clearing the clouds of doubts in the minds of parents and students.Eventually, vote of thanks was presented by Ms. Manju Bhatia. Overall, it was certainly an informative session and provided the much-needed impetus for sending the students back to their second home, i.e. the school.